Do
you ever have those sleepless nights where it's not homework or a sleepover that's
keeping you awake, but instead those thoughts of worry rushing through your
head like a river current with no end? I do. It took me three hours after I
laid my head on the pillow to fall asleep last night because it felt impossible
to 'stop thinking' and stop worrying.
The lack of sleep and constant worry resulted in a headache the next
morning that then lead to a stomachache because of the pain. Not fun.
This
all began because of a worry I had.
As
I rushed to class in hopes that the ibuprofen would kick in immediately, I was
prompted to open the Internet and look up bible verses dealing with
‘worry’. On Biblegateway.com I saw
the verse,
“Therefore
do not worry about tomorrow, for
tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew
6:34).
I absolutely
love this verse and when I finished reading it, I heard myself saying, “duh!”
in the back of my head. This is
the verse I am always saying to anyone in my current situation. I’ve written it down in so many places
that it was almost comical that I didn’t think of it myself. The worry had been so overwhelming and
the pain in my head was just a reminder of the thoughts that kept me tossing
and turning the night previously that--- it was the little thing I was so used
to saying that had completely slipped my mind. But God knew I needed to hear it. God knew that the devil was going to keep playing games with
me so the Lord intervened and won the battle.
My God is the
ultimate Healer.
The Holy
Spirit encouraged me to look up the Word of God and to focus my attention on
the one I always knew in my heart to be true. He finds unique ways to communicate to us and they speak to
each one of us a little differently.
After reading
this verse, I mediated on it for a few minutes but was then forced to leave
class early because of the physically pain I was experiencing. On my way back to the dorms, I stopped
to get food. While waiting for the
meal to be prepared I received a text from my high school bible study
leader. It was a prayer for me.
<3 She wrote out the prayer that she had said that morning and it was to
give me the strength I needed.
There are no
coincidences. This time was God’s timing.
As I began to
leave I ran into another dear friend who happens to be a brother in Christ. He asked how he could be praying for me
this morning.
---My morning
just started and already God has given me numerous reasons to know that He is
alive and He is listening.
God doesn’t
sleep nor slumber; He is always taking care of His children. Within the next 15 minutes, my physical
pain had subsided and by the next hour it had completely disappeared. Glory to God! It is our God who encourages us to give Him our burdens and
take up His own because His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:30).
So I encourage
you this afternoon, run to the cross! Run to the cross and lay down any
worries, fears, or doubts you may have.
The Lord of Lords wants to take care of them for you because He loves
you unconditionally. God is love. Please feel free to leave any prayers
requests you may have.
Strong in Him,
Kristen D.
No comments:
Post a Comment