Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Be Satisfied In Jesus Christ Alone.


May the Lord speak through me now and share with you how He has so meticulously taught me to look through His eyes and to love with His heart.  We can all agree that each one of us, at one point or another, has found ourselves thinking we deserve something. It could be something physical (house, clothes, food, etc...) or it even emotional (happiness, praise,...).  In fact, just the other day I thought to myself, “God has been radically transforming my life and making me into a God-fearing woman who is a world changer.  It is Him and Him alone that I find happiness and fulfillment in my days--and because I am so highly valuable in His eyes, I know that any man I date is going to be a Godly man who leads me in the right direction. After all, I deserve that. ” Or the reoccurring one I struggle with-- is deserving to know why the last relationship ended.

The very second this thought finished crossing my mind; I immediately was (lovingly) convicted of my word-choice.  Has God clearly stated that any future wife should marry a man who will lead her to the cross and be the head of her as Christ is the church, absolutely. (Ephesians 5:22-29) Do I deserve this to be true in my life, absolutely not. Nor is it necessary for me to have answers if the time is not right, my heart is not ready, or it simply isn't that important to my spiritual growth. To be bluntly honest about what we deserve--is hell. But because of God’s great love for us, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16) This isn’t saying that God has no plan for me to get married, for that I have no idea because my mind can only focus on today. Tomorrow has enough trouble on it’s own (Matthew 6:34) But this is a red flag about renewing my mind.

You see the mind is a very powerful thing and what we convince our self is true, will became---true---even if it really is not.  Feeding ourselves lies will only hurt our well being and separate us that much farther from God.  Believing you are ugly or unintelligent are two of many ways that the devil uses leverage on you to keep you from being satisfied in the Lord God and believing His word.  So in my particular case, telling myself that I deserve something is a sinful way of thinking.  Instead, I am so blessed that the King of Kings has chosen to make me His daughter and He willingly wants me to prosper because of how much He is in love with me. God knows me better than I know myself so if I need anything (in this case an answer) than I will be given one.  But what I don't need is to worry because my heart lies steadfast in the Lord and, "I can [get through] anything [with] Christ who give me strength". (Philippians 4:13)

You see, my prayers for weeks now has been for Him to renew my mind and clear out any and all junk that the devil has taken occupancy of; All those ungodly truths, I wanted nothing to do with, so I prayed that He would make me aware when I spoke or thought any words that weren’t uplifting to my soul, loving to my heart, or sweeter than honey. (Psalms 119:103). Unless I focus on renewing and strengthening my mind, I won’t be able to sufficiently speak the Word of God if I myself don’t believe it.  When I realized what I had done I was encouraged! He answered my prayer and allowed me to recognize the trap I was falling into and He spoke with gentle words.

“Be satisfied with what you have been given, dear child. For I will fill your heart, mind, and soul with the Holy Spirit and that, that is enough. What more do you want? Something of the flesh? You have discovered that if it was up to you and you alone that those things are not enough because you were made for so much more.
With a satisfied heart, you will learn to serve others unconditionally because you have all you need, my Son Jesus Christ. Others don’t.  I have many marvelous ways that I plan on using you to spread the gospel, but unless you live it, why would the people you’re ministering believe it.  When the sun rises each morning and I open your sparkling eyes, pray to me to change your heart and make it selfless like that of My own. You will see that it is for your benefit and it will glorify me! For I your God will be well pleased with you!”

Listen carefully readers to what God is telling you. “You may have to step out to find out the right thing to do. If you don’t hear clearly from God, just step in the direction you think you should go, and wait for the peace.  If you lose your peace, back out of wherever you were headed”

Praying for you,

Kristen (:



No comments:

Post a Comment