Has holding out for God's will made you stop living your life?
As I talk to more and more people, I realize that we're around that age where our decisions have more impact on our lives than ever before. From the day you moved out of your parents house, freedom has had a whole new meaning. With that freedom comes decisions and with those decisions come outcomes, whether they be good or bad. More of my friends have told me recently that they're waiting for God's will to reveal itself than any other time in there lives. {{I am definitely guilty here too.}} But could we be waiting around for something that has already been revealed to us. I recently read my previous blogs and realized that I spoke then too about "the answer being right in front of us." I am a firm believer in free will & during this life there are many choices we will face---that have many paths we can chose to walk down for answers. Are we so set on the one thing we think God has for us (or the one we want Him to have for us) that sometimes we're too naive to see the other options?
Each situation is different, I understand that, but what doesn't change is God's desire for us to grow closer to Him and more like Jesus Christ. This will happen as we go through life's journeys.
We increase our faith by going through good and bad moments and experiencing God's faithfulness to us. If we sit around waiting for God to direct us with a flashing arrow pointing in the direction He wants us to take or for God to talk through a burning bush again... not only will it not come, but we will be missing out on all the blessings right before our eyes because we're too focused on the next step.
C.S. Lewis once said,
Accept the blessings that are happening right now and keep walking in your faith! Because the longer you sit still (all those times without praises and being thankful/content), the greater chance the devil and his demons have to attack.
Have faith in God and know that He will not let you go astray.
"Be strong and courageous" (Dt. 31:6, Dt 31:7,23, Jos 1:6,7,9,18, 10:25...) just as it was encouraged in the bible over 15 times! Don't allow fear of man, self-pride, loneliness, etc. stop you from taking chances you heart is calling you to.
"So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves" (Gal. 5:16)
Love your God with all your heart, mind and soul. <3
You'll have everything to gain.
~Kristen~
As I talk to more and more people, I realize that we're around that age where our decisions have more impact on our lives than ever before. From the day you moved out of your parents house, freedom has had a whole new meaning. With that freedom comes decisions and with those decisions come outcomes, whether they be good or bad. More of my friends have told me recently that they're waiting for God's will to reveal itself than any other time in there lives. {{I am definitely guilty here too.}} But could we be waiting around for something that has already been revealed to us. I recently read my previous blogs and realized that I spoke then too about "the answer being right in front of us." I am a firm believer in free will & during this life there are many choices we will face---that have many paths we can chose to walk down for answers. Are we so set on the one thing we think God has for us (or the one we want Him to have for us) that sometimes we're too naive to see the other options?
Each situation is different, I understand that, but what doesn't change is God's desire for us to grow closer to Him and more like Jesus Christ. This will happen as we go through life's journeys.
We increase our faith by going through good and bad moments and experiencing God's faithfulness to us. If we sit around waiting for God to direct us with a flashing arrow pointing in the direction He wants us to take or for God to talk through a burning bush again... not only will it not come, but we will be missing out on all the blessings right before our eyes because we're too focused on the next step.
C.S. Lewis once said,
"It is better to see the next three steps,
then a glimpse of the horizon"
Accept the blessings that are happening right now and keep walking in your faith! Because the longer you sit still (all those times without praises and being thankful/content), the greater chance the devil and his demons have to attack.
Have faith in God and know that He will not let you go astray.
"Be strong and courageous" (Dt. 31:6, Dt 31:7,23, Jos 1:6,7,9,18, 10:25...) just as it was encouraged in the bible over 15 times! Don't allow fear of man, self-pride, loneliness, etc. stop you from taking chances you heart is calling you to.
"So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves" (Gal. 5:16)
Love your God with all your heart, mind and soul. <3
You'll have everything to gain.
~Kristen~
No comments:
Post a Comment